- To explore attitudes to minor illness in general practice
- Definition of minor illness.
- Reasons for consulting with a minor illness.
- Awareness of hidden reasons for consulting – ticket of admission.
- Use of consultation far doctor’s agenda –Stott & Davies equation.
- Handling the problems encountered with this type of consultation:
- Explanation andreassurance.
- Patient demand eg: antibiotics.
- The sore throat. What is tonsillitis?
- Recurrent consultations for minor illness.
- Children vs adults.
- Definition of minor illness
- being positive
- checking out
- hidden agenda
- pen door
See this link for sore throats: https://www.gp-training.net/aabc/clinical/ent/sore-throats/
- URTI action plan
- Guide to infectious diseases med037
- Common diseases gen028
- The nature of family practice gen023 part 4 nos 309,310
- URTI problem patients
- Initial reference: Markovitch, Howie, Josse: URTI in children. BMJ 1981: 283, 889-92