Parent-dominated people are rewarded in childhood for perfect conformity, obedience and compliance. Difficult to move them from their continuous recording, which is self-perpetuating.
Move another persons parent to child or adult so that here and now communication can proceed. Should be used from adult.
- Cross the transaction eg: can you tell me what you plan to do?
- Agree if he is right
- Go off on a tangent
- Cheers positive feedback to comment
- Move in into his space bubble
- Change your mind if relevant
- Could you please say it another way?
- Ricochet positive feedback to a third person
- Write it down
- Find his child and feed it – how would you change to make it feel good?
- Be ok