|Do not continue until you
have completed this page
David is brought in by his father having had a high fever, headache, muscle pains and a sore throat for 4 days. David was seen by a partner two days ago and was prescribed aspirin and told he had ‘flu. Father is angry and demands something more definite be done.
- What problems face the doctor?
- What would your management be?
Areas far discussion
- How would you cope with father’s anger?
- At what stage of the consultation would you consider the father’s anger?
- Would you support your partner’s diagnosis?
- Would you suggest alternative diagnoses at this stage?
- What would your treatment be?