|Do not continue until you
have completed this page
The same scenario – A mother says she needs help with her 8-month-old. You also know that at the time of the 6-year-old’s birth, the parents were going through a difficult time in their marriage and mum had been smoking and drinking throughout the pregnancy. Mum believed that this had contributed to his developmental delay. She is now obsessively checking the cleanliness and hygiene of the house! food preparation etc. Her relationship with her husband is being affected. She has stopped all activities to keep close to the children at all times.
- How would you proceed with this scenario?
- Would any other services help with this situation?
- Health Visitor
- Mother and baby groups
- Family Link
- Family Centre (Ashington, Berwick)
- Newbiggin Disability Team
- Community Nurses
- Adult Mental Health, St. Georges
- Linhope Unit, Attachment Clinic / Paediatric Clinic
- Education services, Hepscott Park