Pairs – what are you hoping for > flipchart
- Living in the present
- What does it mean?
- What are the benefits?
- How can we do it?
- What stops us?
- How can we begin to do it?
What does it mean? Living in the present
- Noticing it is a sunny day
- Going with the flow
- Not being an “in a minute” person
- Grab opportunities as they arise
- Losing inhibitions/constraints > new priorities: what is important to me
- Getting off the hamster wheel
- Making positive decisions about plans
- Visualising the possibility for change
- Space – time out – time right now
- No rumination
Touching the feelings
- Open and receptive
- let go of the illusion of control, go with the flow
- Being in the present, noticing yourself and what is around you
- Seize the moment – values, priorities, fear
- Moving from how things should be to how things are – “being”
- Goals nearer to now, not distant
- What is the real problem, whose problem is it anyway?
- Making the present perfect
- Pairs: one thing about your life you don’t like – what’s perfect about that, what’s not perfect about that
- About being responsible for my feelings
- Awareness of feelings
- Acknowledge feelings – don’t need to act on it
- May have a need that is met in another way
- Reframing, not focussing on negative
- Relaxation exercise