|Home > Synergy|
Synergy system use
- Generally, use Current problem view for clinical data entry, and notes/drugs relating to this problem. When the current problem is resolved, make the problem Dormant (NB the problem can be made Current again if required).
- Information should be entered under the appropriate current problem: eg BP entered in Adult screening if screening, but in Hypertensive disease if patient has hypertension.
- Each patient record should contain a number of default current problems as “chapter headings”, and the appropriate current problems should be created if not present:
Standard current problem headings
- .68P Adult screening: prevention data including screening BP.
- .65 Infectious dis:prevent/control : all immunisations.
- .685 Cervical neoplasia screening : all smear information.
- .64 Child health care : all developmental assessment information and the child’s usual health visitor.
- .61 Contraception: all information relating to contraception.
- .62 Pregnancy care: all information relating to current pregnancy.
Examples of commonly used default current problem headings
- .G3 Ischaemic heart disease : includes angina, MI etc.
- .G6 Cerebrovascular disease : all strokes, tia’s etc.
- .G2 Hypertensive disease : all patients with hypertension.
- .C10 Diabetes mellitus : all patients with diabetes.
- .H33 Asthma: all patients with asthma.
- A current problem may be a vague diagnosis initially – denoted by a (D) in the Read code description . Swap the note and problem when the definitive diagnosis is obtained.
- Only use Unlinked for one-off clinical events which are not likely to be ongoing (ie: will require only one note entry).
- Most important diagnoses are added automatically to the summary sheet when the code is entered. Remember to add other Read codes to the summary sheet if the diagnosis is important by activating the Put into summary box.
Synergy keyboard shortcuts
The default software to use at a practice wouldbe:
|Word processing||Word XP|
|Internal email||Exchange / Outlook|
You are responsible for the functioning of your workstation.If you are not sure, please ask before attempting something whichyou do not completely understand.
Programs and data files
Installed programs and data should be located in the followingfolders:
|Program files||C:program files|
|General data||Intranet, G: and H: drives|
|Network-available data||G: and H: drives|
All personal and practice data should be kept on the G: and H: drives in theappropriate folder, as these drives reside on the NT server and are backed upregularly.
|Workstation site||Workstation name|
|ACB consulting room||acb|
|BNC consulting room||bnc|
|JMW consulting room||jmw|
|RMW consulting room||rmw|
|BCS consulting room||bcs|
|GP registrar consulting room||gpreg|
|Secretaries – Dot||dot|
|Secretaries – Anne||anne|