|Home > Synergy|
Synergy is a problem-orientated medical record-keeping system – this means that all entries which are made in the record are related to a heading or “current problem”. Therefore all data entry should be made under a current problem in the current screen.
A lot of routine data entry can be speeded up using macros (single keystrokes which result in other things happening) or Sophies (template programs that will lead you through a specific protocol or guideline).
The computer is also used to collect and view laboratory results, to get information (via the practice intranet or the internet) and for communication (instant messaging, email). Appointments, phone calls and visits for each doctor or nurse are also handled through the computer.
- Synergy usage in practice
- Read codes – the basis of data input and retrieval
- Moving to Synergy
- Synergy dose codes – quick entry of drug dosing instructions
- Computer records – standards
- Coding procedures and guidelines
- Using macros
- Using Sophies
- Referral letters
- Word templates for letters, forms etc
- Appointments system
|Webmaster: Brad Cheek. This page lastupdated|