- Health care is a human right
- The care of individuals is at the centre of healthcare delivery but must be viewed and practised within the overall context of continuing work to generate the greatest possible health gains for groups and populations
- The responsibilities of the healthcare delivery system include the prevention of illness and the alleviation of disability
- Cooperation with each other and those served is imperative for those working within the healthcare delivery system
- All individuals and groups involved in health care, whether providing access or services, have the continuing responsibility to help improve its quality.
Shared ethical principles for everybody in health care: a working draft from the Tavistock Group