Principles of Task Based Learning
- Experiential learning: on-the-job
- Situated learning: apprenticeship
- Action and reflection
- Integration of theory and practice
- Education and training: how and why
- Theories-in-use: actions based on beliefs and assumptions
- Mental models as a structure for learning
- Motivation: because of relevance
- Achievable staged learning
Determining educational needs
- Core or optional objectives?
- Objectives in the knowledge, skills or attitudes domain?
- Objectives subject-specific or general (transferable skills)?
- Define aims and objectives
- Specify the task
- Access to the task
- How does the task provide a good focus for learning?
- Specific KSA
- General principles of topic
- Basic understanding of topic
- Generic/transferable skills
What is the context of the education and training?