A tutorial plan
A patient who didn’t adhere to a plan. Why?
- No ICE
- Health beliefs
- Previous knowledge
- Does the patient want information (20% dont)? How do I find out?
- Have I got enough information to be able to give information?
- Frames of reference?
- What does the patient already know
- What information am I going to give? Where does it come from?
- Phrasing in an understandable way
- Chunk and check
- Relating information to the patients framework
- Sharing the decision making
- Creating a plan
- Where next?
- Ending the consultation
- What helps?
- What hinders?