Examples of phrasing when asking about patients ideas, concerns expectations
- Tell me about what you think is causing it.
- What do you think might be happening?
- Have you any ideas about it yourself?
- Do you have any clues; any theories?
- You’ve obviously given this some thought, it would help me to know what you were thinking it might be.
- What are you concerned that it might be.
- Is there anything particular or specific that you were concerned about?
- What was the worst thing you were thinking it might be?
- In your darkest moments …
- What were you hoping we might be able to do for this?
- What do you think might be the best plan of action?
- How might I best help you with this?
- You’ve obviously given this some thought, what were you thinking would be the best way of tackling this?